Trusted Partners on your Privacy Journey
What personal information do we we collect?
We collect only contact details, including name, email address and phone number directly from you to to contact you in response to any requests you make for more information about our services or products.
How do we use your personal information and why?
Your personal information will be collected by The Privacy Partnership when you use the website. The personal information we collect will only be used in the ways described below to meet our legitimate business interest in servicing and marketing to our Clients and prospective clients. We only market to you if you have asked us to.
The information we collect and hold on you, will be used by us and our subcontractors to fulfil our legitimate business interests which are to :
· provide you with any product or service you request;
· better understand your needs and improve our service to you;
· administrate any products or service we provide to you;
· to profile and keep statistical records about you;
· conduct market research;
Where you ask us to and where we have your consent we will also use your information to communicate with you about our products & services, or other products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
Where you consent via our cookie banner we will also use non-essential Google analytics cookies to understand how you use our website and count the number of visitors to our site.
How long do we keep your information?
We only retain your data for as long as we have a business need to do. Your contact details are held while you have asked us for information or we are providing you with services and for a period of no longer than 7 years after we last did business with, or had contact with you. We need to hold your information for this long to meet taxation obligations and to manage legal claims.
We may, where you have consented, periodically send promotional emails, letters or calls about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided.
You may opt out of receiving such information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
By law, you have a number of rights (subject to certain conditions) when it comes to your information. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us through our details below.
Right to object to processing
• You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities)
The right to be informed
• You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
The right of access
• You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Policy). This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
The right to rectification
• You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure
• This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure, there are exceptions.
The right to restrict processing
• You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
The right to data portability
• You have rights to obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
The right to lodge a complaint
• You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with your national data protection regulator.
The right to withdraw consent
• If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your information with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your information for marketing purposes.
We will normally respond within one month from when we receive your request.
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Contact our EU representative
As of 11 August 2021, we have appointed DataRep as our Data Protection Representative in the European Union. If you are based in the EU or EEA, and would like to make a data protection related query, please contact DataRep by:
Sending an email to DataRep at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting DataRep through an online webform at www.datarep.com/data-requests
For a full list of nominated representative companies in Europe the list at the bottom of this page.
PLEASE NOTE: When mailing inquiries please ensure that you mark your letters for “DataRep” and not “Smart Privacy” or your inquiry might not reach DataRep.
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
Where you select "Accept" we set Google Analytics cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work see https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=en-US